Saturday, January 14, 2012

More Than All The Stars In The Sky...

   Friendship.  It is a powerful, beautiful, delicate, and sometimes painful thing.  True friends are like family.  Sometimes you cherish some friends more than you do some family...at least I do.  I realize how horrible that sounds, but it's the truth. I should clarify this by saying I am not talking about my immediate family.  They are hands down the MOST important people in my life.  Ever.
   When things happen that test the strength of your friendships, you find out exactly how much that person means to you.  You realize what that relationship is made of...or what it's not.  Recently I have had a couple of friendships tested.  (One not really tested...it was more of a fallout from what happened with the other person...)  Both of these people are very special to me, and I can't imagine my life without them in it.
   I have come to see that no matter what the one person does or says, I will always be here.  I have always said that.  But now I can honestly say that I have now found out how true that statement is.  Good and bad, happy and sad...I will still be here.  That's what you do when you care about someone.  And I care.  Some people may not understand why or how...but that is ok.  It is not meant for them to understand.  I just do, and that is all that matters.  Because when it comes to these friendships, I love them more than all the stars in the sky.  I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment